Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The use of blogs by organizations

The blog is a tool that has advantages and disadvantages for an organization. Let us take a real example! There is a blog that I follow for beauty advice that is called beautybooty411. She basically tests out beauty products and recommends them or warns us to stay away! Companies will send her products to test out and discuss it on her blog.

The advantage of using blogs is that it is another form of advertising your product indirectly. In this case, I trust her opinion because she is a girl like me that doesn't work for that company so there is no reason for her to push a product if its not really good. I also like to see if others have comments to share about the products in discussion. Several products I have not ever heard of but when I see that she really recommends it, I am really tempted to try it out.

A disadvantage is that there is no filter as to what can be put up. So she can report back negative things about a product and I would definitely avoid it. A blog can promote a product but this doesn't mean it is always a positive promotion of your product.

No comments:

Post a Comment